12.19.2008

The 54th Annual Singing Christmas Tree


One of my new favorite traditions is performing in the Tree! This is my third season, and this year Erik jumped in and helped as the sound assistant for the show. It was nice to get to see him at rehearsals, as we are in the theater every night of show week. We also started a new tradition and added a children's performance on Saturday morning. We sold it out! Erik also made his stage debut as Frosty for the kids.

This was definitely one of Carolina Voices' best Trees, as we had over 100 guest artists! I was also in a little country dance number. We were backup dancers for a guest soloist, and we wore matching black cowgirl shirts, jeans and cowboy boots! I've never worn cowboy boots before, but they are so comfortable! Erik and I are thinking about buying our own while we're in Dallas this Christmas.

Thanks to Lauren, Jessica and Will, Matthew and Tara, Rachel, Zach, and Shaun for your support! If you're near Charlotte - or want an excuse to travel - I would love to see you in the audience next year at Ovens Auditorium. We have a great time singing and dancing ... and who knows what else may happen on stage for the Christmas celebration! :D

1 comment:

Ryan Fisher said...

Erik needs some cowboy boots with silver tips and spurs.