12.18.2008

Thanksgiving

Erik and I hosted our first Thanksgiving, and had a great time cooking tons of food! My cousin Jessica came from Winston Salem, NC, and our friends Clint and Shaun came from Greenville, SC ... except Shaun only came for dessert! We cooked a turkey, made about seven side dishes, and had an awesome dessert from our Halloween pumpkin! I normally hate cooking, but I had a really fun time putting the meal together. (Thanks to our moms for the turkey advice!) After dinner, Jessica and I worked on our 3rd annual Christmas craft for our family, while the guys played a Seinfeld trivia game.

On Friday, we flew to Omaha, NE. Erik's sister Krista and her husband Spencer live there - and our new niece, Grace! This was Grace's baptism weekend, so Erik's parents and all of Spencer's family were there as well. Erik and I along with one of Spencer's brother and sister-in-law are the God parents. Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo! :D We had a great time visiting with the whole family. What a blessing that we got to see our niece again ... twice in her first seven weeks of life! Spencer also took us to our first Nebraska sporting event. We drove to Lincoln to see the Huskers baksetball team play Creighton, a college in Omaha. I definitely enjoyed cheering "Go Big Red!"

No comments: