1.05.2009

A Texas-sized Christmas!


I spent my first Christmas outside of Indiana, and I survived. :) I stopped feeling bad about it when my parents said this was also their first Christmas outside of Indiana! Erik and I joined my dad, mom, and uncle for a week at Kristen and Daniel's. It was so fun spending a week with everyone, especially Emily! We enjoyed living with a baby for a week. Lots of bottles and diapers and chaos, and rearranging our plans according to bottles and diapers and chaos. :) Erik changed his first diaper - voluntarily even!

Our Christmas highlights included:

  • meeting our niece Emily Kate, who is just over 2 months old
  • tour of the Mary Kay plant
  • two Christmas Eve services (Erik never misses a Methodist candelight service)
  • playing Wii - trying to break each other's records, making our Miis, learning how to hula hoop, and laughing at our Wii age
  • checking out the Ft. Worth Stockyards
  • buying cowboy boots at the Justin Boot Outlet
  • winning the 8th annual family puzzle competition!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love my kari!!
you're like, "i survived!"
love rae