Today, we went uptown Charlotte and took part in the month-long Arts & Science Council's CultureALL ... which is a bunch of FREE stuff! We went to the McColl Center for Visual Art and took part in a community art event. We painted 2 of 200 tiles that will be put up in the city as public art. Of course, Erik got right to painting, and I had to stop and think and got a little stressed about what to make!
We walked around the art center and talked to some of the artist-in-residence. This guy at the end of the hall had the coolest studio! I took some pictures, but with our point-and-shoot. I always see the best shots when I don't have the SLR with me!
After leaving the art center, we walked around the Blues, Brews and Barbeque festival. We had some great local food and fresh-squeezed lemonade while listening to a not-so-good guy sing the blues.
P.S. Our gas prices went from $3.63 to $4.29!

No comments:
Post a Comment