6.24.2009

Kari turns the BIG 3-0!

Wow. I did it! June 7 has come and gone, and I am officially 30 - not in my 30s, just plain 30. I have so much to reflect on from the last year, the last year of my 20s. One of my friends told me that the year 29 is the first time the planets have been in the same alignment as the year of your conception and forming in the womb, so it's supposedly a really good year. (Please let me know if you can cite this!) When I heard that, I thought she was just trying to make me feel better about turning 30, but as I look back ... what a year!
  • June 08: I moved off campus for the first time (after 11 years!)
  • July-Oct: unemployed. interesting feeling.
  • Aug-Oct: prayerfully considering if I was crazy or really hearing God correctly ... Yes, I was making a career switch from working in Housing & Residence Life to College Ministry!
  • Oct: I became an aunt ... and again 11 days later!
  • Nov: voted in a very exciting and historic election!
  • Nov: met with our realtor about buying a house (*and this still continues!)
  • Nov: participated in Grace's baptism as her Godparents
  • Dec: spent my first Christmas away from Indiana ... but still with my family, and the newest edition - Emily :)
  • April: went on my first mission trip (see post below)
  • May: got baptized (see post below)

Now, onto my 30s ... and owning a home, pets and kids :D

2 comments:

Ryan Fisher said...

But you already have a pet and a kid. They are both named Erik.

Dana Duggins said...

I am loving my 30's, I am sure you will to! I am glad I have few years left before I get to 40!!!