1.04.2006

Subject: wedding dress
Status: purchased!

I went home to Indianapolis for Christmas and New Year's, and of course, Mom wanted to go wedding dress shopping! I flew in late on Dec. 21, and the next day we were on the hunt. I tried on six or so at a bridal outlet, but I didn't like the way they were fitting up top. The fitting lady thought maybe I was being picky, but I finally said "aren't you noticing a theme here?!"
On Dec. 31, my last day home, Mom basically had to drag me out to go shopping again. I just wasn't in a hurry to buy a dress! We went to three places but didn't find anything to try on. So, we went back to the bridal outlet and found new dresses ... and a 50% sale! I tried on two that I liked, but answered "no" to "Do you love it?" The third one, Mom fell in love with. I was being poked and pulled from mom and two fitting ladies - including Mom going under my dress to see how to bustle! haha. (She's a seamstress/ costume designer.) When Mom saw the quality of the stiching, she said "it looks like an $800 dress." Well, it was $759 marked down to $199! What a bargain! I was totally not prepared to buy a dress, and actually started freaking out about it! They were closing in five minutes, I was going home the next day, it was a great deal, Mom loved it, it was exactly what she pictured me in, it had what I was looking for (ivory, not strapless, and little cleavage!) ... but was I ready to buy a dress?! Well, they convinced me. The hard part is done!

Budget: $300
Total cost: $211.47

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari... it's Casey Berkshire! I'm so sorry that I didn't leave my name when I suggested the Palmer Building... my mistake. It's so wonderful. My Aunt and Uncle had their 50th Wedding Aniv. there a few years ago and I fell in love with it. I'M SO THRILLED THAT YOU'LL BE HAVING YOUR RECEPTION THERE!

Things sound so great for you guys... I'm so happy that it's all coming together and congratulations on the wedding dress, it sounds perfect for you!

Hope you enjoyed the holiday, lets talk soon.

Anonymous said...

i have seen the dress and it is beautiful! and so is kari wearing it! i can't wait to BE THERE when you guys get married! (meaning i will actually be back in the good old US of A at that point! yipee!) take care of yourselves until then and keep those kids away from your car, erik!