2.01.2007

love.and.marriage

So we have had some good stories worth laughing at. If you're wondering "how's married life?!" - well, here you go. It's okay to laugh; we do.

I haven't had a roommate since my freshman year at IU, which was 1997-1998 ... 9 years ago. That was my only roommate experience, and I have grown quite used to my independent lifestyle. Erik, on the other hand, has only not lived with roommates for one out of the past eight years. This wonderful math equation has created some funny and frustrating moments for the newlyweds. (Did I imply "us"? That phrase definitely has more "I" than "we" implied.)

- Erik's alarm begins going off an hour and a half before I even think of waking.
- I have to really think about where I leave things, because it may not be there when I go to look for it later.
- I have intentions of doing my dishes later, yet they get clean before I can get off the couch.
- Two people create twice as much laundry as one person. (I know - simple concept, yet amazing that I wash three loads of laundry every two weeks now.) And I can't just do the laundry when I run short on underwear.
- It is very important to communicate, such as where one would prefer the placement of the bathroom rug in relation to the sink.
- I never realized how much it bothers me to see the shower curtain open.
- Do I really shed that much hair every morning? (in the shower, using the blowdryer ... )

Adjusting to a roommate has been a good transition for me - and here's the great things we're experiencing!
- No more long distance ... no more travel ... no more living out of a suitcase every other weekend!
- Going to the same church every week, which we've gotten really involved in
- Talking in person instead of on the phone. I almost feel naked between my right shoulder and ear.
- Erik cooks for us EVERY night! He is such a great chef and I am such a great eater.

Well, yes ... we're doing just fine.

No comments: